As my main source of income is still written in C++ Builder 6.0, I am stuck with it. Today I updated my system to Windows 10 (build 1709) and Builder refuses to run.
I was left with registry form and registration was not the solution. I just couldn’t register it.
To make the story short. Here is the solution:
- Open registry
- Delete LM value from HKCU\Software\Borland\C++Builder\6.0
- Export the whole key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland
- In exported file change \Software\ ==> \Software\Wow6432Node\
- Import changed registry file
- Reregister Borland C++ Builder
At it is working again! 🙂
PS: The solution is to move (copy) the whole Borland subtree to HKCU\Software\Wow6432Node\ subtree, because it is an old x86 app.